ESIGN CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES
As part of your relationship with us, you are entitled by law to receive certain information “in writing.” The federal ESIGN Act and certain state laws allow us to provide this information to you electronically, instead, with your prior consent. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you. So, before you obtain services or access to share accounts electronically through the EQ Shareowner Service Website (collectively "Shareowner Services"), you must review and consent to the terms outlined below.
In this consent, "we," "us," and "our" are used to refer to Equiniti Trust Company and its current and future affiliates, and any other person who provides share account(s) and/or service(s) that you access through the Shareowner Services website. “You” and “your” refer to the person giving this consent.
- Your consent to use electronic records and signatures. In our sole discretion, disclosures, notices, records, and other information we provide to you may be in electronic form (“Electronic Records”). Electronic Records we provide to you may include, but are not limited to, proxy statements, prospectuses, and other disclosure and financial materials related to the securities held in your shareowner accounts. We may also use and obtain from you electronic signatures.
Electronic Records may be delivered to you in a variety of ways, as described in our agreements with you. In some cases, you will be able to choose whether to receive certain Electronic Records electronically, or on paper, or both. We will provide you with instructions on how to make those choices when they are available. We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Electronic Record in writing, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically. We will also continue to provide your tax statements on paper unless you elect to receive them electronically (if available).
- Your option to receive paper copies. If we provide Electronic Records to you, and you want a copy in paper, you may contact your account's customer service unit and request a paper version. You may be subject to a fee for your request unless prohibited by applicable law. Please refer to the applicable agreement for the fee that may apply. Please see your account statement for information about the appropriate contact.
- Your consent covers all online products and services. Your consent covers all of your transactions relating to each product or service that you agree to obtain or access electronically through the Shareowner Services website, and remains in effect until you withdraw your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost to you. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to the Shareowner Services website. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you must contact Shareowner Services toll free at 1-800-401-1957 or by mail to Shareowner Services PO Box 64856 St. Paul, MN 55165-0856
- You must keep your email or electronic address current with us. You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address. You may change the email address on record for you by accessing the My Account Settings and then the Account Profile tab on the website. There may be other, special services for which we provide separate instructions to update your email address.
- Changes to hardware or software requirements. If a change in hardware or software is needed in order for you to access or retain Electronic Records, and that change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain your Electronic Records, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use Shareowner Services after receiving notice is reaffirmation of your consent.
- Hardware and software you will need. To use the Shareowner Services website, you must have:
- a Current Version (defined below) of an Internet browser we support,
- a connection to the Internet,
- Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader), and
- a computer and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
You must also have an active email address.
By “Current Version,” we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher. The following link includes more information on the software we currently support and links for downloading the software and related system requirements: Technical Requirements. (Note: If you click on the Technical Requirements link, be sure to use your back button to come back to this page to finish reading this ESIGN Consent.)
We reserve the right to discontinue support of a Current Version of software if, in our sole opinion, it suffers from a security or other flaw that makes it unsuitable for use with the Shareowner Services website. And we always reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to communicate with you by U.S. Postal Service.
Please indicate your consent to use electronic records and signatures by checking the “I Accept” box below. By providing your consent, you are also confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the co-owners of your accounts.
To provide you the most effective and secure access to your online accounts and services, we strongly recommend that you use or upgrade to the latest version of software supported by the application.
Browser Requirements. We are continually upgrading our online services to provide you with the most valuable and secure online access. As we add new features and enhancements to our service, there are certain browser versions and operating systems that do not support these changes.
Our minimum encryption requirement for accessing your accounts online is 128-bit encrypted browsers.
PDF Requirements. Adobe Reader (Version 4.05 or later) is required to access documents being provided to you in PDF format (for example, eDelivery documents or downloadable forms). To access some PDF documents on our site, you may be required to use a later version of Adobe Reader. The basic Adobe Reader software is available for free directly from Adobe.
Important PDF Reminder: For Mac users: If you access a PDF document from a Mac, the PDF may be automatically copied to its desktop or to an easily accessible download folder.
For PC users: If you access a PDF document from a PC the PDF may remain among its cached files.
Personal information such as Online Statements or 1099-DIV tax statements may easily be accessed by others using the same computer if left on the desktop, in a download folder or in the cache. If you are in a non-secure location, be sure to delete the file after viewing it and empty the Trash (for Macs) and or clear your cache (for PCs).
To clear your cache on Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools, and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing History, select Delete.
- Check the following: Temporarily Internet Files, Cookies and History.
- Select Delete.
- Click OK to close Internet Options dialog box.
To clear your cache on Firefox:
- Select Tools, and select Clear Recent History.
- For the Time range to clear: section, select Everything.
- Click on the dropdown for the Details menu and check the box Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
To clear your cache on Safari:
- Select History
- Select Clear History
- Click Clear to close dialog box
Wireless Device Requirements. Wireless devices (such as cell phones and pagers) must be text-enabled in order to receive messages via the Alerts Service.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements. Please consult with your browser vendor and Adobe for the minimum hardware and operating system requirements that apply to the software versions you are currently using or wish to install.
Please Note: When you make changes to your computer software or equipment, our system may require you to re-confirm your identity online the next time you visit our website to conduct online transactions. This is for your own protection.