Visa Series A Convertible Participating Preferred Stock (Series A Preferred Stock)
The information below is intended for stockholders holding Series A Preferred Stock who are interested in selling their shares.
There is no requirement that you sell your stock; however if you wish to sell your Series A Preferred Stock, please review the information provided below.
There are two methods by which a Series A Preferred Stockholder may sell its Series A Preferred Stock.
Selling through Visa:
A Preferred Stockholder may use the Visa Sales Facility provided by EQ Shareowner Services. Although EQ Shareowner Services may assist with the sale of such stocks, stockholders are not obligated to use EQ Shareowner Services for that service. See important note below.
Selling with a Broker:
A Series A Preferred stockholder may instruct the stocks designated for sale be transferred into the stockholder's existing brokerage account for sale, provided the broker is a participant of the Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC).
- If a Series A Preferred stockholder chooses to use its own broker, it must represent that it has a commitment to sell the shares converted into Class A Common Stock on the open market before that stock will be transferred to that broker.
The instructions and forms necessary to participate in each option are provided in the links below. Please send documents through only one of the allowed delivery methods to avoid duplication.
Please note that EQ Shareowner Services will convert each share of the Series A Preferred Stock into one hundred (100) shares of freely tradeable Class A Common Stock in connection with a sale by the holder to a person eligible to hold Class A Common Stock.
If the Class A Common Stock is not sold or moved to a broker within 30 days after conversion then the stock will be converted to Class C Common Stock (at the applicable conversion rate pursuant to Section 4.11 of the Sixth Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation of Visa Inc.) and you will be required to resubmit the applicable form for a new request to be considered for these shares.
Although Series A Preferred Stock is eligible for sale at any time, the Company reserves the right to restrict such sale if prohibited by law.
Important Note: You may complete a Relationship Management Application (RMA) in anticipation of selling shares through the facility provided by EQ.
- Send the RMA request through the SWIFT query system using EQFIGB33 as the Correspondent BIC, and include:
- The business purpose and types of SWIFT messages that you will be sending as Permissions Granularity
- The anticipated frequency of the SWIFT messages
- The EQ customer receiving the messages: name us directly as EQ Shareowner Services
- When the RMA is approved, you will receive a confirmation through SWIFT
- Once the shares are released from restrictions and the RMA is approved you will be able to sell these shares using (1) SWIFT MT599 and (2) the Sale form above
To further assist you with questions, click on the following link for Frequently Asked Questions:
EQ Shareholder Services Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel free to contact EQ Shareholder Services by one of the methods below. Our representatives are available to answer your questions Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
Neither Visa Inc., Equiniti Trust Company, nor any of their affiliates provides tax, legal or financial advice and makes no recommendations with respect to purchasing or selling investments. Any investment decision must be made by the individual plan participants guided by their own research and judgment. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not constitute advice, a solicitation, or an offer to buy or sell investment securities.
Neither Equiniti Trust Company nor any of its affiliates guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein and makes no express or implied warranties including any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular use. Neither Equiniti Trust Company nor any of its affiliates is liable for inaccuracies or omissions in the information contained herein or for actions taken in reliance on that information.
Investments, Insurance, and Identity theft protection products:
- Are NOT insured by the FDIC or any other federal government agency.
- May lose value